Welcome to the arena of throttle response controllers. Two specific performance tuners rise and shine in the championship of custom tunings and aftermarket parts! Being in the game for some time now, both have already conquered their owners' hearts. They’re still going to pump all the blood to their muscles and show off their skills in our text here. Time to inform you about who is the best and who wins! There can only be one who becomes the ultimate throttle response controller in a fight between Pedal Commander vs Amp'!
Pedal Commander vs Amp'd 2.0: What are they Doing?
They are throttle response controllers. Throttle response controllers optimize or remove the factory delay in your throttle pedal wiring. These wires go to your vehicle's brainz (ECU), and the factory latency applied to them results in slower acceleration. This happens because of the need for a standard on every vehicle to have standardized throttle reactions. Optimizing this signal by lowering or increasing the delay gives you the ability to use your throttle response controller to tune your car up to your needs.
Slower than factory settings, it will provide you with slower acceleration while helping with better miles-per-gallon and improved terrain traction.
Higher than factory settings will provide you with faster access to your full acceleration potential.
Pedal Commander vs Amp'd 2.0: Which One Is Better?
The choice is dependent mainly on your personal preferences. Having a compact controller with less wiring and a single base unit with embedded controller buttons is a simplistic approach that Pedal Commander offers. You will probably be optimizing your setting through your phone, and the control unit is mostly there for the extra helper, which can be tucked away to be hidden easily.
The main difference between the two tuners is the wireless control unit. You will still have to install the chip to your throttle pedal system, but the Amp'd 2.0 separates the main chip and the control unit, giving you the choice to tuck away the control chip altogether. But your control unit will be wireless, and some user reviews have had certain issues with this type of control unit.
After all, you are more likely to control your throttle through your phone, but if you want the classic old control unit, Pedal Commander offers a compact, award-winning design that is easy to navigate. Amp'd 2.0 offers a wireless control unit.
Amp'd 2.0 vs Pedal Commander: What Does Amp'd 2.0 Offer?
Going wireless with your throttle sensitivity adjustment is possible. Amp'd 2.0 adds a wireless connection ability to have a controller piece that is not wired to the main chip connected to your pedal. Amp'd 2.0 eliminates throttle response delays, giving you immediate control over the throttle response of your car. Additionally, there is a wireless Bluetooth switch that gives you control over your throttle experience through the Amp'd 2.0 app. There are 5 throttle curve presets and 3 custom curve options that are pre-loaded in Amp'd 2.0. Let’s you be in control of your automobile’s throttle pedal. Amp'd 2.0 do what a throttle booster must be able to do.
Complete control of the Amp'd 2.0 Throttle Booster is provided by a Bluetooth App or a wireless control unit. You will be able to choose instantaneously between five pre-programmed throttle curves or create your own throttle curve and save it on the device so you can quickly switch between custom curves and preset curves. This gives your vehicle a set of modification capabilities. Here are the things that are offered by Amp'd 2.0 throttle booster:
- Wireless control switch.
- Full user customization of the throttle curves.
- Includes an Android/IOS mobile app.
- Covers vehicles with gas and diesel engines that are recent models.
- Coverage of GM, Ford, Dodge, Ram, Toyota, Jeep, and more!
- Improves the response of the accelerator compared to stock.
- Reduces the acceleration lag (dead pedal feeling).
- Suitable for both stock and modified vehicles.
- On turbocharged vehicles, increase turbo boost more quickly.
- 5 Settings for previously made access.
- 3 Slots for customization access.
- Installation is easy.
Pedal Commander vs Amp'd 2.0: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Only the best! Get full optimization for your vehicle’s throttle pedal, and unlock acceleration capabilities that weren’t present before to enhance your already powerful vehicle even more!
Pedal Commander offers 4 main modes, ECO mode in which you can achieve better terrain grip and fuel efficiency up to 20%, City mode with easy and safe throttle pedal enhancements, Sport mode to begin feeling what’s under your hood, and Sport+ mode to unlock the full potential of your vehicle and turn it into a beast. Besides that, there are 36 sensitivity settings to optimize each mode to your personal liking. Finished? Nope, you can also receive Over-the-Air software upgrades for your own customization needs.
You can not just accept what we say as accurate! Pedal Commander has more than 10.000 reviews with an average rating of 4.9 stars. Even more, user reviews can be accessed on shopping pages and informational websites. Currently, Amp'd 2.0 has 20+ reviews on their web page alone according to the models and makes, and there are many informative blogs written throughout the web.
Pedal Commander vs Amp'd 2.0: Amp’d or Cramped?
Overall, leaving some differences to the side, Amp’d and Pedal Commander are focused on doing the same thing. Improving your throttle response. But there is a cramped situation going on with Amp’d, and so far, the solution has only been to “turn the device off and on again”. Let’s check it out;
Getting a black screen / white screen (blank screen) when opening Amp’d 2.0?
While it isn’t clear if this issue is with the wireless control screen or the bluetooth mobile app, there is a problem with the Amp’d 2.0; One of the most prevalent issues with smartphones and tablets is the blank screen problem on Amp’d 2.0. Normally, when you launch it, the screen goes black for a short period of time before the app crashes, either with or without an error message. So far, the solution has been to shut the device off and on again and if the problem persists, contact the customer service.
Pedal Commander mobile app is constantly updated. The award-winning design of the control unit doesn’t have a problematic screen, only the old-school buttons for performance boosting. But still, if you have any type of problems, you can contact the market’s best Pedal Commander Customer Service team to solve your issues.
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- Amp'd 2.0 does not have the CARB certification, so technically, it is illegal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty.
- Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
We know which option to pick. Do you desire the ideal throttle response? Visit Pedal Commander, choose your vehicle and engine, and then sit back and relax because we will take it from there!