As different brands and manufacturers of the same performance part are increasing day by day, there is fierce competition between them in the performance parts market. One of the most competitive performance parts is the throttle response controller. Even though many people think that all throttle response controllers have the same function, regardless of brand and manufacturer, there are some important differences between them.
While all brands on the market make the “we are the best.” claimit is quite normal that you have difficulty in deciding which throttle response controller is worth buying. Our product: Pedal Commander is the most practical and versatile throttle controller on the market. For this reason, it is subject to its rival companies’ unfair and false comments. You know that the tree that bears fruit will be stoned.
But, competition is good for us because we find the opportunity to introduce you to the high-quality technology of our product. Also, thanks to the competition, car enthusiasts around the world get a better throttle response controller: Pedal Commander.
Today, we will compare our product to one of our competitors, PedalMAX.
Pedal Commander vs. PedalMAX: What They Do?
If we make a simple comparison, we can say that Pedal Commander and PedalMAX aim to have the same function; give you great driving pleasure by reducing throttle response time. Let’s look at the way they work.
As you know, today’s cars use ETC or drive-by-wire systems. These electronic systems create a deliberate inherent delay and lag due to the processing, safety measures, and many other factors. Our product establishes a connection between your accelerator pedal and your car’s ECU.
Once you press the accelerator pedal, the electronic signal coming from your press is amplified or reduced depending on the mod you select. In other words, Pedal Commander offers instant access to the engine’s power by eliminating throttle lag from your accelerator pedal.
Throttle controllers are designed to eliminate annoying throttle lags from your accelerator pedal. Compared to other aftermarket parts, these small devices have more reliable and practical specifications because they don’t intervene in the way the engine works. However, different manufacturers and brands of the same product can vary significantly change from price to quality. For this reason, if you want to get the best throttle response controller, you need to read our extensive comparison between Pedal Commander and PedalMAX.
Pedal Commander vs PedalMAX: Which One Is Worth Buying
These two brands are the both popular throttle response controllers. If you want to understand which one is worth buying, all you need to do is make an objective comparison between Pedal Commander and PedalMAX. You know money does not grow on trees. When most people decide to get a throttle response controller, they need to know whether it is a good investment worth their money or not.
You can make sure that there are a lot of important differences between Pedal Commander and PedalMAX. For this reason, let’s talk about the similarities between them in the first place. Actually, the only similarity is that people recommend these products to each other as throttle response controllers. We mean it! That's the exact point where the similarities end.
PedalMAX vs Pedal Commander: What Does PedalMAX Offer?
PedalMAX is one of the most familiar throttle response controllers on the market. Let’s learn everything about it.
- PedalMAX is $289.75.
- PedalMAX kit includes: PedalMAX Control Box, PedalMAX Wire Harness, On-the-fly Control Knob, and Cable ties.
- It can be checked with LED Diagnostic Lights below:
- Green LED light or Solid LED means that the device is powered ON and working.
- Blue LED light or Solid Blue LED = Knob is plugged in and set to 0-25%.
- Flashing slow Blue LED = Knob is plugged in and set to 25-60%.
- Flashing fast Blue LED = Knob is plugged in and set to 60-100%.
- Green, Yellow & Blue LED’s Flashing = Pedal is not connected or has an error.
- PedalMAX’s dimensions are 3.00 × 6.00 × 9.00 in (According to the claimed information found on their website).
Pedal Commander vs PedalMAX: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Let’s discover how Pedal Commander is better than PedalMAX below:
- Pedal Commander is $299.99
- Pedal Commander has 4 program selections. ECO, City, Sport, Sport (+).
- Each mode has 9 different sensitivity levels (up to 36 settings in total) and can be changed by pressing the program button.
- ECO mode decreases the throttle response sensitivity and improves fuel economy by up to 20%.
- City mode offers smooth and lively ride quality.
- Sport mode makes your vehicle even faster for spirited driving.
- Sport+ mode takes your vehicle to the ultimate level of mind-blowing acceleration and lets you show off on the racetrack.
- You can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with a cutting-edge app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities.
- Pedal Commander is psychically smaller than the PedalMAX, coming in at 2.7×1.9×0.6 in.
Pedal Commander vs PedalMAX; One Pedal Commander to Beat Them All!
If you read this far, you can easily realize that Pedal Commander has more practical and versatile technology than PedalMAX. You need to know that Pedal Commander’s four adjustable modes make you feel like you are driving four different cars. No exaggeration! On the other hand, PedalMAX offers only one function; eliminate the slow throttle response on modern drive-by-wire vehicles. As it has no modes or settings, you cannot adjust the acceleration of your vehicle according to weather conditions or road situations.
If you visit our official website, you can access a lot of detailed information about the features of Pedal Commander. On the hand, when you look at the official website of PedalMAX, you will find nothing but what it does and how it works. Pedal Commander is a little expensive, it is a great value for what you get: a complete product with versatile functions from its modes to its practical app. PedalMAX is cheaper, but you get what you pay for, only a single feature.
Moreover, the usage of Pedal Commander is more practical than that of PedalMax. While you can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with an app, you have to use a kind of ordinary control knob and check LED diagnostic lights. As you can see, PedalMAX’s manufacturers promise you just mediocre engineering deprived of technological possibilities.
Pedal Commander gives you mind-blowing acceleration, effective fuel economy, and smooth ride quality at the same time. It allows you to control your speed with its four adjustable modes. For this reason, the only common point between these two throttle controllers is to eliminate the throttle response delay from your accelerator pedal. When you consider Pedal Commander’s high-quality and versatile technology presenting a lot of possibilities to customers, the comparison between our product and PedalMAX is not even a matter of discussion.
Sincerely, we can say that Pedal Commander is better than PedalMAX or any of our competitors. Let’s talk about what makes Pedal Commander better than PedalMAX below:
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- PedalMAX has the CARB certification (it hasn't been hard to get it for a single feature).
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty.
- Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- PedalMAX does not have a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. (You can tell who is more confident in itself.)
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- PedalMAX is operated with an ordinary and impractical control knob (Don't mind the so-called assertive on-the-fly slogan)
- The website of PedalMAX does not offer detailed and clear information. (It is actually quite understandable because PedalMAX has no extra features other than reducing throttle response time.)
- PedalMAX has no modes and settings.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
This is the most objective comparison between these two devices. All you need to do is visit their official websites and see the big differences between them in terms of capability, quality, and technology. Also, Pedal Commander has over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars, as opposed to PedalMAX’s 29 with an average of 4.4 (on amazon)! As you can see, Pedal Commander is quite assertive about winning the hearts of customers. If you want to Live Life Full throttle, Pedal Commander is the only choice!