If you are looking for a nice performance upgrade, a throttle controller is one of the most impactful modifications you can make. While throttle controllers clearly don’t add any horsepower or torque, they will make it feel like you just added a bunch. Performance is not all about horsepower or torque, and if you want a safe upgrade, throttle controllers are also the safest, as most of these parts won’t void your car’s warranty.
There are a lot of throttle response controllers on the market. However, not a lot of them worth their price. Some throttle controllers have high-quality electronics, some don’t. Some manufacturers actually have a website, customer service, and a world-class warranty, just like Pedal Commander. But even in this day and age, some manufacturers don’t have their own website to serve their customers better, which is a shame. So, without further ado, lets look at how SEC10 fares against the most popular throttle response controller, Pedal Commander!
Pedal Commander vs SEC10: Why You Actually Need a Throttle Controller?
As mentioned, throttle controllers are exceptionally impactful. But how can a relatively cheap part that won’t give you any actual power be this good? The answer is very simple. In the good old days, manufacturers used actual, honest-to-god metal wires to connect the accelerator pedal to the throttle body. So, when you press the accelerator, you got instant access to engine’s power, as soon as you pressed it. But ever since early 2000s, manufacturers used Drive-by-Wire systems.
Drive-by-Wire systems replaced the actual throttle wires. Drive-by-Wire is fully electronic. In these systems, your accelerator pedal is just a throttle position sensor (or TPS for short).
Your TPS sends a signal to the vehicle’s on-board computer, also known as the ECU or the ECM, and the ECU sends a signal to the throttle body. This system has an inherent lag. If you use a high-quality throttle controller, like Pedal Commander, you can cut %99 of the lag and actually access the engine’s power much faster.
That’s why throttle controllers are very impactful. While some people say these parts don’t do anything your foot can’t, hundreds of thousands of people swore by throttle controllers, as they will give you the power when you need it.
SEC10 vs Pedal Commander: What These Throttle Controllers Offer?
Throttle controllers, as a concept, offer a much better driving experience. However, not all throttle controllers are created equally, and each brand is different! Now, let’s look at what Pedal Commander and SEC10 offer for their users.
SEC10 vs Pedal Commander: What Does SEC10 Offer?
- First thing first, SEC10 is very small, but we couldn’t find exact dimensions as they don’t have a website.
- SEC10 has a touch-sensitive control module that can cycle through 6 main modes: Stock, Eco, Sport, Performance, Track, and Valet.
- Some SEC10 SKUs also have Bluetooth capabilities. Bluetooth modules have further customization options for modes.
- We couldn’t find anything on SEC10’s warranty.
- SEC10’s price ranges from $360 to $400.
Pedal Commander vs SEC10: What Makes Pedal Commander the Most Popular Choice?
- Pedal Commander is $299.99.
- Pedal Commander has four modes; ECO, City, Sport, and Sport+.
- Each mode can be dialed up and down with nine different presets, with a whopping 36 different settings to choose from.
- ECO mode slows the acceleration for a smoother and safer experience and can help you get up to 20% better fuel economy. ECO mode can also be used as a Valet or Teenager mode.
- Pedal Commander’s other modes will increase throttle response for better acceleration.
- Pedal Commander’s dimensions are 2.7×1.9×0.6 inches.
- Pedal Commander’s command module can be tucked away as it has Bluetooth capabilities.
- Pedal Commander also has a fantastic app that you can use for its Bluetooth capabilities.
- You don’t have to pay any extra for Bluetooth capabilities or give up the control module for it.
- Pedal Commander is the most popular throttle controller in the world.
Pedal Commander vs SEC10: Why is Pedal Commander the Best Throttle Response Controller on the Market?
There’s a reason why Pedal Commander is the most popular throttle response controller on the market. SEC10’s small size might be an appeal, but Pedal Commander is a much better choice. Pedal Commander is cheaper, has a two-year warranty, fantastic customer support, a better mobile app, and over 9000 5-star reviews!
We say Pedal Commander is better than SEC10 or any of our competitors, and we mean it! Let’s look at some reasons why!
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- SEC10 does not have the CARB certification, so technically, it is illegal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty. Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- None of the sellers have any information about SEC10’s warranty.
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- SEC10 has a limited vehicle selection. It is only available for a few pickup trucks and muscle cars.
- Pedal Commander is compatible with almost all vehicles made after 2003. But it is also specifically designed to work with your vehicle’s engine, transmission, and ECU, so you’ll get peace of mind by buying a product that’s made for your vehicle!
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis, Evan Bogovich, Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich.
- Pedal Commander is battle tested! If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
If you are on the market for a throttle response controller, there are a lot of choices on the market. However, SEC10 is not a good option, especially if you have any problems with your unit. There are not a lot of reviews for the SEC10. Pedal Commander is the complete opposite. Pedal Commander has more than 10.000 reviews with a 4.9 average rating. If you want to have the best experience, you should use the best! Click here to select your vehicle and engine to learn more about how Pedal Commander can make your car much better!