If you describe yourself as a car enthusiast, you must have heard of various aftermarket auto parts. As you can guess, there is fierce competition between them in the auto market. One of the most competitive aftermarket parts is the throttle response controller in terms of reliability and efficiency. The reason is that the throttle response controller has no intervention in the engine operation and consequently adds no horsepower to your vehicle. Even though it is a reliable and efficient performance part to upgrade the performance and acceleration of your vehicle, you need to be careful while deciding which throttle response controller is worth buying. As you know, almost all manufacturers make the same claim about their own product: “our throttle response controller is the best on the market” only considering their own economic profits and interests. However, there are some important differences between throttle response controllers from different brands. As our product: Pedal Commander has the most functional and versatile features on the market, it is exposed to its rival companies’ unfair and false comments. You know that the tree that bears fruit will be stoned.
But, competition is good for us because we find the opportunity to introduce you to the high-quality technology of our product. Also, thanks to the competition, car enthusiasts around the world get a better throttle response controller: Pedal Commander.
Today, we will compare our product to one of our competitors, Superchips, in an honest way.
Pedal Commander vs. Superchips: What They Do?
If we make a superficial comparison, we can say that Pedal Commander and Superchips aim to have the same function; upgrade the performance and acceleration of your vehicle by improving the electronic throttle response system. Let’s look at the way they work. As you know, today’s cars use ETC or drive-by-wire systems. These electronic systems create a deliberate inherent delay and lag due to the processing, safety measures, and many other factors. Our product establishes a connection between your accelerator pedal and your car’s ECU. Once you press the accelerator pedal, the electronic signal coming from your press is amplified or reduced depending on the mod you select. In other words, Pedal Commander offers instant access to the engine’s power by reducing throttle response time.
Throttle controllers are designed to eliminate annoying throttle lags from your accelerator pedal. Compared to other aftermarket parts, these small devices have more reliable and practical specifications because they don’t intervene in the way the engine works. However, when it comes to different brands and manufacturers, you can come across products that vary in price, quality, and performance. For this reason, if you want to buy the best throttle response controller, you need to read our extensive comparison between Pedal Commander and Superchips.
Pedal Commander vs Superchips: Which One Is Worth Buying
These two brands are the most popular throttle response controllers. If you want to understand which one is worth buying, all you need to do is make an objective comparison between Pedal Commander and Superchips. You know money does not grow on trees. So, when many people decide to get a throttle response controller, they need to know whether it is a good investment worth their money or not.
You can make sure that there are a lot of important differences between Pedal Commander and Superchips. For this reason, let’s talk about the similarities between them in the first place. Actually, the only similarity is that people recommend these products to each other as throttle response controllers. We mean it! That's the exact point where the similarities end.
Superchips vs Pedal Commander: What Does Superchips Offer?
Superchips is one of the most familiar throttle response controllers on the market. Let’s learn everything about it.
- Superchips’ price is $249.95.
- Superchips has so-called 5 driving modes: Economy, Stock, Drive, Sport, and Extreme.
- Economy and Stock modes have almost similar functions.
- According to the claimed information found on their website, Superchips has 6 settings include: Stock, Low-50%, Medium-75%, High-100%, Valet, and 400% Wow Mode. (Do you think it’s cooler to identify the setting 400% as "Wow mode"?)
- Valet setting limits valet drivers with 50% or less throttle power.
- Contradictorily, it also claims to have 6 modes (Economy, Stock, Drive, Sport, Extreme, and 400% Wow mode.) in the category of product descriptions. (Is “400% Wow mode” setting or mode?)
- It can be operated with a smartphone application.
- There is no sufficient information about the functions of all the so-called 5 or 6 modes on the official website of Superchips. (Sorry, we are still not sure if it has 5 or 6 modes.)
- There is no specific information about Superchips’ dimensions on their website.
Pedal Commander vs Superchips: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Let’s discover how Pedal Commander is better than Superchips below:
- Pedal Commander is $299.99
- Pedal Commander has 4 program selections. ECO, City, Sport, Sport (+).
- Each mode has 9 different sensitivity levels (up to 36 settings in total) and can be changed by pressing the program button.
- ECO mode decreases the throttle response sensitivity and improves fuel economy by up to 20%.
- City mode offers smooth and dynamic ride quality.
- Sport mode makes your vehicle even faster for spirited driving.
- Sport+ mode takes your vehicle to the ultimate level of mind-blowing acceleration and lets you show off on the racetrack.
- You can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with a cutting-edge app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities.
- Pedal Commander’s dimensions 2.7×1.9×0.6 in.
Pedal Commander vs Superchips; One Pedal Commander to Beat Them All!
If you read this far, you can easily notice that Pedal Commander has more effective and versatile technology than Superchips. As Pedal Commander, our priority is to provide you with clear and consistent information about our product on our official website.
However, Superchips’ website is full of contradictory and insufficient information about the functions of its product. While it claims to have 5 modes on the homepage, it introduces 6 modes to you in the category of product settings. Just like you, we don't know which statement is correct. Let’s look at Superchips’ so-called 6 driving modes: Economy, Stock, Drive, Sport, Extreme, and 400% Wow mode. You need to know that Superchips’ 400% Wow mode is actually a setting option. If we give a piece of useful advice to Superchips’ manufacturers, it would be that giving customers false information looks funny and unreliable instead of being cool. Actually, Superchips’ manufacturers are aware of this situation because they admit that Superchips actually has 5 modes (Economy, Stock, Drive, Sport, and Extreme) on the homepage of their official website. As you can guess, this contradictory situation is completely for attracting customers’ attention. So, if Superchips’ manufacturers decide to present accurate information to their customers instead of pretending to have more functions, our fair criticisms will shed light on them.
Additionally, Pedal Commander is more reliable and versatile than Superchips in terms of its modes, settings, and functions. While Pedal Commander’s four different modes offer four unique features, Superchips’ Economy and Stock modes have almost similar functions including a gradual increase in acceleration. Therefore, if you look at the websites of these two brands, you will definitely access more detailed, clear, and reliable information about our product from its dimension to its features.
As Pedal Commander, our priority is to present clear and accurate information to customers. Even though the subject is commerce, the only purpose cannot be to make a profit or money. For this reason, Pedal Commander attaches great importance to high quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. So, we pay strict attention to keeping the information about Pedal Commander on our website up to date.
Sincerely, we can say that Pedal Commander is better than Superchips or any of our competitors. Let’s talk about what makes Pedal Commander better than Superchips below:
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- Superchips does not have the CARB certification, so technically, it is illegal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty.
- Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- Superchips does not have a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. (You can tell who is more confident in itself.)
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- Superchips is operated with a mobile application and Bluetooth.
- The website of Superchips does not indicate clear and consistent information about Superchips’ modes and settings (5 or 6 modes? Actually, it has only 4 different modes in terms of functions.)
- Superchips’ Economy mode offers the same feature as Stock mode.
- Superchips has 5 settings include: Stock, Low-50%, Medium-75%, High-100%, and Valet. (Sorry, we are not sure if 400% Wow mode is really a mode or a setting.)
- While Pedal Commander offers clear information from its mode to dimension, Superchips tries to delude its customers with inconsistent information about its modes, settings, and features.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
This is the most objective comparison between these two throttle controllers. All you need to do is visit their official websites and see the significant differences between them in terms of capability, quality, and technology. Pedal Commander has over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars, as opposed to Superchips’ 1.367 with an average of 4.9! As you can see, Pedal Commander is quite assertive about beating its competitors. If you want to Live Life Full throttle, the best choice is Pedal Commander!