Installation Page: PC25, PC29, and PC30
- When installing the Pedal Commander if the plugs are not fully locked in, they can become loose over time from vibration, being kicked, or the harness being moved. To ensure you locked the plugs in place, you will want to hear a "click" sound when connecting the plugs. That click signifies that they have been locked in tight.
- If you do not wait as explained in the installation process and you unplug the gas pedal too soon, you will receive a check engine light because the vehicle’s computer still has power and has detected a sensor was unplugged.
- Turn Off Ignition
- Keep the key fob at least 35 ft. (10m) away from the vehicle (the key signal can give power to your vehicle's computer). Wait 10-15 minutes with your driver door open to allow your ECU to shut down.
- Locate your accelerator pedal assembly plug connection.
- Remove the plug from your gas pedal.
- Plug male and female connectors into their coordinating plugs on the gas pedal. Make sure that both plugs "click" into place.
- Make sure the cables are tucked in place so they do not affect or endanger your driving.
- Route the Pedal Commander to where you can access easily.
- Use the included alcohol wipe to clean the area where you would like to mount the bracket.
- Apply the supplied velcro to the bracket and cleaned area.
- Place the Pedal Commander into the bracket and you’re done!