Properly storing your summer tires is important to ensure they are in good condition and ready to use when the warm weather arrives. By choosing a suitable storage location, preparing the tires properly, protecting them from some elements, and regularly checking on their condition, you can use your tires longer and save yourself the expense of having to replace them frequently. With a little care and attention, your summer tires can be ready to hit the road again when the warm weather returns.
What are Some Tips on Summer Tire Storage?
Storing summer tires properly is important for ensuring that they are ready to use when the warm weather returns. Here are some tips for storing your summer tires:
- Clean the tires thoroughly before storing them. Use a tire cleaning solution and a brush to remove any dirt, debris, or grime from the tires. This will prevent the tires from becoming damaged while in storage.
- Inflate the tires to the proper pressure. Check the manufacturer's recommended pressure for your tires and inflate them to that level before storing them. Under-inflated tires can develop flat spots, while over-inflated tires are more likely to burst.
- Store the tires in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing the tires in direct sunlight or in areas where they will be exposed to extreme temperatures. A garage or basement is a good place to store tires, as long as they are not in direct contact with the ground.
- Use tire covers to protect the tires from dust and moisture. Tire covers are inexpensive and can be purchased at most auto supply stores. They will help to keep your tires clean and dry while they are in storage.
- Consider using tire racks to keep your tires organized and easily accessible. Tire racks are available in a variety of sizes and styles and can be used to store multiple tires in a small space.
- Avoid storing tires on concrete floors. Concrete can absorb moisture and cause the tires to develop cracks or other damage. Instead, store the tires on a wooden pallet or on a piece of cardboard to keep them off the ground.
- Rotate the tires periodically to prevent flat spots from developing. If you are unable to move the tires, try inflating them with a small amount of nitrogen gas. Nitrogen gas is less likely to escape from the tires than regular air, so the tires will stay properly inflated for longer periods of time.
Why Storing Tires Important?
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your summer tires are stored properly and are ready to use when the warm weather returns. Proper tire storage can help to extend the life of your tires and keep them in good condition for many seasons to come.
In addition to the steps outlined above, there are a few other things you can do to ensure that your summer tires are stored properly. For example, you should avoid storing tires on their sides or upside down, as this can cause the tires to become misshapen and may lead to performance issues. Instead, store the tires upright on a tire rack or on a flat surface.
Another important factor to consider when storing summer tires is the type of storage container you use. Plastic containers are not recommended for tire storage, as they can trap moisture and cause the tires to deteriorate. Instead, use a breathable storage container such as a canvas bag or a rubber tire bag. These types of containers will allow air to circulate around the tires, helping to prevent moisture build-up and extend the life of the tires.
How Long do Tires Last in Storage?
When taken care of properly, tires can last between 6 to 10 years in storage. It's a good idea to check the tires regularly while they are in storage. This will allow you to spot any potential issues before they become serious problems.
For example, you should look for signs of cracking or other damage and check the tire pressure to ensure that the tires are properly inflated. Regularly inspecting your tires can help prevent any problems from developing and ensure that your tires are ready to use when the warm weather returns.
Give Your Tires a Good Use When the Time Comes!
After making sure the tires are in good condition, you can start planning ahead on how to use them. Introduce Pedal Commander to your tires to achieve your acceleration goal. You will not believe how coherently they work together! Pedal Commander removes the throttle lag in your car lets you optimize it for the better. Meet Pedal Commander throttle controller now to accelerate into summer from winter!