As today’s car enthusiasts always look for a better auto upgrade to experience the ultimate level of performance and acceleration, there is fierce competition between aftermarket parts in the auto market. If you want to preserve the quality of the original engine parts while upgrading your car, you should buy a throttle response controller. For this reason, one of the most competitive aftermarket parts is the throttle response controller in terms of reliability and efficiency. Even though it is a reliable and efficient performance part to enhance the performance, acceleration, and fuel economy of your vehicle, you need to be careful while deciding which throttle response controller is worth buying. As you know, almost all manufacturers and brands make the same claim about their own product: “our throttle response controller is the best on the market” only considering their own economic profits and interests. However, there are some important differences between throttle response controllers from different brands. As our product: Pedal Commander has the most functional and versatile features on the market, it is exposed to its rival companies’ unfair and false comments. You know that the tree that bears fruit will be stoned.
But, competition is good for us because we find the opportunity to introduce you to the high-quality technology of our product. Also, thanks to the competition, car enthusiasts around the world get a better throttle response controller: Pedal Commander.
Today, we will compare our product to one of our competitors, Thruster, in an honest way.
Pedal Commander vs. Thruster: What They Do?
If we make a superficial comparison, we can say that Pedal Commander and Thruster aim to have the same function; maximize your driving experience by improving the electronic throttle response system. Let’s look at the way they work. As you know, today’s cars use ETC or drive-by-wire systems. These electronic systems create a deliberate inherent delay and lag due to the processing, safety measures, and many other factors. Our product establishes a connection between your accelerator pedal and your car’s ECU. Once you press the accelerator pedal, the electronic signal coming from your press is amplified or reduced depending on the mod you select. In other words, Pedal Commander offers instant access to the engine’s power by reducing throttle response time.
Throttle controllers are designed to eliminate annoying throttle lags from your accelerator pedal. Compared to other aftermarket parts, these small devices have more reliable and practical specifications because they don’t intervene in the way the engine works. However, when it comes to different brands and manufacturers, you can come across products that vary in price, quality, and performance. For this reason, if you want to buy the best throttle response controller, you need to read our extensive comparison between Pedal Commander and Thruster.
Pedal Commander vs Thruster: Which One Is Worth Buying
These two brands are the most popular throttle response controllers. If you want to understand which one is worth buying, all you need to do is make an objective comparison between Pedal Commander and Thruster. You know money does not grow on trees. So, when many people decide to get a throttle response controller, they need to know whether it is a good investment worth their money or not.
You can make sure that there are a lot of important differences between Pedal Commander and Thruster. For this reason, let’s talk about the similarities between them in the first place. Actually, the only similarity is that people recommend these products to each other as throttle response controllers. We mean it! That's the exact point where the similarities end.
Thruster vs Pedal Commander: What Does Thruster Offer?
Thruster is one of the most familiar throttle response controllers on the market. Let’s learn everything about it.
- Thruster’s price ranges from $265.00 to $386.93 on different dealer sites.
- Thruster has 6 driving modes: Stock, Valet, Eco, Street, Sport, and Race.
- Stock mode is the factory response, and is not adjustable. So, it changes nothing (Can we consider Stock mode as a real mode?)
- Valet mode is designed for parking and also limits valet drivers and reckless driving with 50% or less throttle power.
- Eco mode decreases the throttle response and offers fuel economy to a certain degree.
- Street mode enhances throttle response sensitivity by 50% during daily driving.
- Sport mode offers perfect driving by improving throttle response by 75%.
- Race mode unlocks the full potential of your car by improving throttle acceleration by upwards of 100%.
- It can be operated with a knob.
- It has no practical mobile application.
- There is no sufficient information about how to use Thruster on the official website of Thruster.
- Thruster’s dimensions are 5.79 x 4.45 x 2.2 inches on their official website.
Pedal Commander vs Thruster: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Let’s discover how Pedal Commander is better than Thruster below:
- Pedal Commander is $299.99
- Pedal Commander has 4 program selections. ECO, City, Sport, Sport (+).
- Each mode has 9 different sensitivity levels (up to 36 settings in total) and can be changed by pressing the program button.
- ECO mode decreases the throttle response sensitivity and improves fuel economy by up to 20%.
- City mode offers smooth and slow ride quality.
- Sport mode makes your vehicle even faster for spirited driving.
- Sport+ mode takes your vehicle to the ultimate level of mind-blowing acceleration and lets you show off on the racetrack.
- You can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with a cutting-edge app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities.
- Pedal Commander is psychically a touch smaller than the Thruster, coming in at 2.7×1.9×0.6 in.
Pedal Commander vs Thruster; One Pedal Commander to Beat Them All!
If you read this far, you can easily notice that Pedal Commander has more effective and versatile technology than Thruster. As Pedal Commander, our priority is to provide you with clear and consistent information about our product on our official website.
However, Thruster’s website includes some contradictory and insufficient information about the functions of its product. Even though it claims to have 6 driving modes on the homepage, it has only 5 modes. Let’s look at Thruster’s 6 driving modes: Stock, Valet, Eco, Street, Sport, and Race. We cannot define Stock mode as a real mode because it changes nothing. Also, Thruster has no practical mobile app, but it can be operated with a simple knob. If you look at the technical specifications of these two products, you will understand that our product: Pedal Commander is an advanced version of Thruster in terms of ease of usage. The reason is that you can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with its cutting-edge application. While Pedal Commander has four different modes and 36 settings, Thruster has five different modes and no extra settings.
Moreover, Thruster’s official website has no exact and clear information about their product’s price. For this reason, Thruster’s price ranges from $265.00 to $386.93 on different dealer sites. When you decide to get it, you need to be careful about its price on different dealer sites. As you can see, Pedal Commander is more reliable, versatile, and affordable than Thruster. While Pedal Commander ($299.99) is a complete price and performance product with effective functions from its settings to its practical smartphone app, Thruster ($265.00-$386.93) is considerably expensive despite offering just five driving modes to customers. It is also quite normal that you can find Thruster’s different price ranges confusing. However, these two brands have a CARB certification, so both of them are actually worth buying.
Sincerely, we can say that Pedal Commander is better than Thruster or any of our competitors. Let’s talk about what makes Pedal Commander better than Thruster below:
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- Thruster has a CARB certification, so technically, it is legal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty.
- Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- Thruster does not have a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- Thruster can be operated with a knob.
- Thruster has no practical app.
- The website of Thruster does not include clear and consistent information about Thruster’s modes, usage, and price.
- Thruster’s Stock mode changes nothing, so it should not be accepted as a real mode.
- Thruster has 5 different driving modes (Valet, Eco, Street, Sport, and Race) and no extra settings.
- Thruster’s price ranges from $265.00 to $386.93 on different dealer sites. It has no specific price.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
This is the most objective comparison between these two throttle controllers. All you need to do is visit their official websites and see the significant differences between them in terms of capability, quality, and technology. Pedal Commander has over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars, as opposed to Thruster’s 47 with an average of 4.4 (on amazon)! As you can see, Pedal Commander is quite assertive about winning customers’ hearts. If you want to Live Life Full throttle, the best choice is Pedal Commander!