Even though all throttle response controllers of different brands seem to have the same function, there are serious differences between them. For this reason, all brands and all products on the market make the same claim: “we are the best.” It is quite understandable. We like competition because we find the opportunity to introduce you to the reliable and versatile technology of our product. However, when economic ambitions kick in, our product is subject to unfair and false comments. We like to address these comments fairly, so today, we will compare our product to one of our competitors, Pedal Box, head to head!
Pedal Commander vs. Pedal Box: What They Do?
If we make a superficial comparison, we can say that Pedal Commander and Pedal Box aim to have the same function; give car enthusiasts great driving pleasure with better throttle response. Let’s look at how they work.
As you know, today’s cars use ETC or drive-by-wire systems. These electronic systems create a deliberate inherent delay and lag due to the processing, safety measures, and many other factors. Our product establishes a connection between your accelerator pedal and your car’s ECU. Once you press the accelerator pedal, the electronic signal coming from your press is amplified or reduced depending on the mode you select. In other words, Pedal Commander offers instant access to the engine’s power by eliminating throttle lag from your accelerator.
Throttle controllers are designed to improve your driving experience. Compared to other aftermarket parts, these small devices have more reliable and practical specifications. However, different manufacturers and brands of the same products change everything from the price to the quality. For this reason, if you want to choose the best throttle response controller, you need to read our research on the detailed comparison between Pedal Commander and Pedal Box.
Pedal Commander vs Pedal Box: Which One Is Worth Buying
In order to decide which one is worth buying, it is necessary to make a comprehensive comparison between Pedal Commander and Pedal Box. These two brands are the most popular throttle response controllers. When most people decide to get a throttle controller, they need to know whether it is a good investment worth their money or not.
You can make sure that there are a lot of differences between them. For this reason, let’s talk about the similarities between them. Actually, the only similarity is that people recommend these products to others as throttle response controllers. No kidding! That's the exact point where the similarities end.
Pedal Box vs Pedal Commander: What Does Pedal Box Offer?
Pedal Box is one of the most familiar throttle response controllers on the market. Let’s learn everything about it.
- Pedal Box is $299.00.
- It has four modes: City, Sport, Sport+, and Standard.
- It has six levels (more than 20 settings) to optimize the acceleration. You can adjust the curve by pressing the plus (three levels to increase acceleration) and minus (three levels to reduce acceleration) buttons.
- The CITY mode offers smooth stop-and-go in urban traffic and ensures a low-speed range.
- The SPORT mode increases the throttle acceleration.
- The SPORT+ mode has more assertive acceleration.
- The STOCK or Standard mode sets the throttle response of the vehicle in default setting.
- Pedal Box’s dimensions are 6,7 x 4,6 x 1,3 cm / 2.6 x 1.8 x 0.5 inch (According to the claimed information found on their website).
Pedal Commander vs Pedal Box: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Let’s discover how Pedal Commander is better than Pedal Box below:
- Pedal Commander is $299.99
- Pedal Commander has 4 program selections. ECO, City, Sport, Sport (+).
- Each mode has 9 different sensitivity levels (up to 36 settings in total) and can be changed by pressing the program button.
- ECO mode decreases the throttle response sensitivity and improves fuel economy by up to 20%.
- City mode offers smooth and linear throttle response.
- Sport mode makes your vehicle even faster for spirited driving.
- Sport+ mode takes your vehicle to the ultimate level of mind-blowing acceleration and lets you show off on the racetrack.
- You can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with a cutting-edge app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities, without paying any extra money.
- Pedal Commander is psychically smaller than the Pedal Box, coming in at 2.7×1.9×0.6 inches.
Pedal Commander vs Pedal Box; One Pedal Commander to Beat Them All!
If you read this far, you can easily realize that Pedal Commander has more advanced technology than Pedal Box. While Pedal Commander has 36 settings in total, Pedal Box just pretends to have more than 20 different settings (other than that, no clear information found on their website). So, our product offers clear information to the customer, but Pedal Box tries to delude them with uncertain numbers.
Pedal Box pretends to offer four modes, but the Stock or Standard mode is completely useless and changes nothing because of having the same functions as the City mode. However, Pedal Commander’s four modes have different unctions from each other.
Also, Pedal Commander is more affordable and practical than Pedal Box. When you buy a Pedal Commander, you can have its mobile app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities free of charge. On the other hand, if you want to benefit from Pedal Box app, you have to extra price for it. The reason is that there is a Pedal Box+ with an app apart from Pedal Box without an app. Here, we can witness the Pedal Box manufacturers’ unfair, profit-oriented attitude in aspiring to demand more money from the consumer.
Sincerely, we can say that Pedal Commander is better than Pedal Box or any of our competitors. Let’s talk about what makes Pedal Commander better than Pedal Box below:
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- Pedal Box does not have the CARB certification, so technically, it is illegal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty. Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- Pedal Box’s Stock mode is not totally different from its City mode.
- Pedal Box does not offer an opportunity to allow you to benefit from its app. You have to pay an extra $50 for Pedal Box+ (with an app).
- While Pedal Commander offers clear information about its settings, modes, and price, Pedal Box plays on words related to its price, settings, and modes without giving clear information about them.
- Pedal Commander contributes to fuel economy by up to 20% while Pedal Box has no technological equipment in this regard.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
Trust us with peace of mind! Pedal Commander has over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars, as opposed to Pedal Box’s 1.360 with an average of 4.2! As you can see, Pedal Commander is quite assertive about winning the hearts of customers. If you want to Live Life Full throttle, the best choice is Pedal Commander!