As you know, there are a lot of aftermarket parts on the market to upgrade your vehicle. But, none of them are as safe and effective as the ways that improve throttle response. As some people confuse throttle response with a vehicle’s engine or transmission they generally prefer the traditional methods like chip tuners. It is, unfortunately, an irreversible mistake because chip tuners lead to serious damage to the engine. For this reason, one of the most competitive aftermarket parts is the throttle response controller in terms of safety. However, you need to be careful while deciding which throttle response controller is worth buying. The reason is that all brands of the same product make the same claim: “we offer the best throttle controller.” on the market. But, there are some important differences between throttle response controllers from different brands. As our product: Pedal Commander has the most functional and versatile features on the market, it is exposed to its rival companies’ unfair and false comments. You know that the tree that bears fruit will be stoned.
But, competition is good for us because we find the opportunity to introduce you to the high-quality technology of our product. Also, thanks to the competition, car enthusiasts around the world get a better throttle response controller: Pedal Commander.
Today, we will compare our product to one of our competitors, Shift Power, in an honest way.
Pedal Commander vs. Shift Power: What They Do?
If we make a simple comparison, we can say that Pedal Commander and Shift Power aim to have the same function; make your car perform better by improving throttle response time. Let’s look at the way they work. As you know, today’s cars use ETC or drive-by-wire systems.
These electronic systems create a deliberate inherent delay and lag due to the processing, safety measures, and many other factors. Our product establishes a connection between your accelerator pedal and your car’s ECU. Once you press the accelerator pedal, the electronic signal coming from your press is amplified or reduced depending on the mod you select. In other words, Pedal Commander offers instant access to the engine’s power by eliminating throttle lag from your accelerator pedal.
Throttle controllers are designed to eliminate annoying throttle lags from your accelerator pedal. Compared to other aftermarket parts, these small devices have more reliable and practical specifications because they don’t intervene in the way the engine works. However, when it comes to different brands and manufacturers, you can come across products that vary in price, quality, and performance. For this reason, if you want to get the best throttle response controller, you need to read our extensive comparison between Pedal Commander and Shift Power.
Pedal Commander vs Shift Power: Which One Is Worth Buying
These two brands are the most popular throttle response controllers. If you want to understand which one is worth buying, all you need to do is make an objective comparison between Pedal Commander and Shift Power. You know money does not grow on trees. So, when many people decide to get a throttle response controller, they need to know whether it is a good investment worth their money or not.
You can make sure that there are a lot of important differences between Pedal Commander and Shift Power. For this reason, let’s talk about the similarities between them in the first place. Actually, the only similarity is that people recommend these products to each other as throttle response controllers. Trust us, no kidding! That's the exact point where the similarities end.
Shift Power vs Pedal Commander: What Does Shift Power Offer?
Shift Power is one of the most familiar throttle response controllers on the market. Let’s learn everything about it.
- Shift Power is $219.00.
- Shift Power has so-called 7 driving modes: Race, Super Sport, Sport, Dynamic, Original, Valet, and Lock.
- Race, Super Sport, and Sport modes have almost similar functions.
- Valet mode limits valet drivers with 50% or less throttle power.
- Lock mode shuts down the device. (Do you think it is right to call it a mode?)
- Contradictorily, it also claims to have 4 modes (Dynamic, Sport, Super Sport, and Race) in the category of product descriptions. (According to the claimed information found on their website).
- It can be operated with a smartphone app.
- There is no sufficient information about the functions of all the so-called 7 modes on the official website of Shift Power.
- There is no specific information about Shift Power’s dimensions on their website.
Pedal Commander vs Shift Power: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Let’s discover how Pedal Commander is better than Shift Power below:
- Pedal Commander is $299.99
- Pedal Commander has 4 program selections. ECO, City, Sport, Sport (+).
- Each mode has 9 different sensitivity levels (up to 36 settings in total) and can be changed by pressing the program button.
- ECO mode decreases the throttle response sensitivity and improves fuel economy by up to 20%.
- City mode offers smooth and slow ride quality.
- Sport mode makes your vehicle even faster for spirited driving.
- Sport+ mode takes your vehicle to the ultimate level of mind-blowing acceleration and lets you show off on the racetrack.
- You can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with a cutting-edge app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities.
- Pedal Commander is psychically a touch smaller than the Shift Power, coming in at 2.7×1.9×0.6 in.
Pedal Commander vs Shift Power; One Pedal Commander to Beat Them All!
If you read this far, you can easily notice that Pedal Commander has more effective and versatile technology than Shift Power. As Pedal Commander, our priority is to provide you with clear and consistent information about our product on our official website.
However, Shift Power’s website is full of contradictory information about the functions of its product. While it claims to have 7 modes on the homepage, it introduces 4 modes to you in the category of product descriptions. Just like you, we don't know which to consider. Let’s look at Shift Power’s so-called 7 driving modes: Race, Super Sport, Sport, Dynamic, Original, Valet, and Lock. Some of them cannot be defined as a real driving mode because of changing nothing in terms of performance and acceleration. For example, Lock mode is designed to cancel the throttle response. Also, Valet mode changes nothing in terms of long-term performance but limits valet drivers with 50% or less throttle power. As Shift Power’s manufacturers are aware of these, they admit that Shift Power actually has 4 modes Dynamic, Sport, Super Sport, and Race. So, you can realize that Shift Power tries to make a great display by pretending to have more functions.
Moreover, Pedal Commander is more reliable and versatile than Shift Power in terms of its modes. While Pedal Commander’s four different modes offer four unique features, Shift Power’s Race, Super Sport, and Sport modes have almost similar functions including a gradual increase in acceleration. Therefore, if you look at the websites of these two brands, you will definitely access more detailed, clear, and reliable information about our product from its dimension to its features.
As Pedal Commander, we put presenting clear and accurate information to customers first. Even though the subject is commerce, everything cannot be measured by making a profit or money. For this reason, Pedal Commander attaches great importance to high quality and customer satisfaction. So, we pay strict attention to keeping the information about Pedal Commander on our website up to date.
Sincerely, we can say that Pedal Commander is better than Shift Power or any of our competitors. Let’s talk about what makes Pedal Commander better than Shift Power below:
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- Shift Power does not have the CARB certification, so technically, it is illegal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty.
- Pedal Commander also has a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- Shift Power does not have a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. (You can tell who is more confident in itself.)
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- Shift Power is operated with a mobile application and Bluetooth.
- The website of Shift Power does not indicate clear and consistent information about Shift Power’s modes and settings (7 or 4 modes? Actually, it has only 4 modes.)
- Shift Power’s RACE 1 mode offers the same feature as Sport 2 mode. (According to the claimed information found on their official website).
- While Pedal Commander offers clear information from its mode to dimension, Shift Power tries to delude its customers with inconsistent information about its modes.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
Therefore, Pedal Commander is equipped with features superior to Shift Power in every respect. Pedal Commander has over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars, as opposed to Shift Power’s 1.381 with an average of 4.9! As you can see, Pedal Commander is quite assertive about beating its competitors. If you want to Live Life Full throttle, the best choice is Pedal Commander!