If you get interested in upgrading your car’s ride quality, you must have heard of different aftermarket modification parts. As you can guess, today’s rapidly advanced technology creates fierce competition between performance upgrade parts. One of the most competitive performance parts is the throttle response controller. Even though all throttle response controllers have the same function, regardless of brand and manufacturer, there are some important differences between them, especially in terms of reliability and efficiency.
As Pedal Commander, we have a conscious user base against misleading and unfair comments. Our #FullThrottleNation family grows day by day and supports us with over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars. So, we are happy to appeal to a qualified and conscious audience. You know that the tree that bears fruit will be stoned. But competition is good for us because we find the opportunity to introduce you to Pedal Commander’s cutting-edge technology. So, thanks to the competition, car enthusiasts around the world get to know the best throttle response controller: Pedal Commander.
Today, we will compare our product to one of our competitors, 9 Drive, in an honest way.
Pedal Commander vs. 9 Drive: What They Do?
Let’s begin with a superficial comparison between Pedal Commander and 9 Drive. We can say that Pedal Commander and 9 Drive aim to have the same function; make you experience perfect driving pleasure by improving the electronic throttle response system of your vehicle. Now, let’s look at how they work. As you know, today’s cars use ETC or drive-by-wire systems. These electronic systems create a deliberate inherent delay and lag due to the processing, safety measures, and many other factors.
Our product establishes a connection between your accelerator pedal and your car’s ECU. Once you press the accelerator pedal, the electronic signal coming from your press is amplified or reduced depending on the mod you select. In other words, Pedal Commander offers instant access to the engine’s power by reducing throttle response time.
Throttle controllers are designed to eliminate annoying throttle lags from your accelerator pedal. Compared to other aftermarket parts, these small devices have more reliable and practical specifications because they don’t intervene in the way the engine works. However, when it comes to different brands and manufacturers, you can come across poor quality or high quality of the same product. For this reason, if you want to buy the best throttle response controller, you need to read our extensive comparison between Pedal Commander and 9 Drive.
Pedal Commander vs. 9 Drive: Which One is Worth Buying?
These two brands are the most popular throttle response controllers. If you want to understand which one is worth buying, all you need to do is make an objective comparison between Pedal Commander and 9 Drive. You know money does not grow on trees. So, when many people decide to get a throttle response controller, they need to know whether it is a good investment worth their money.
You can make sure that there are a lot of important differences between Pedal Commander and 9 Drive. For this reason, let’s talk about the similarities between them in the first place. Actually, the only similarity is that people recommend these products to each other as throttle response controllers. No kidding! That's the exact point where the similarities end.
9 Drive vs. Pedal Commander: What Does 9 Drive Offer?
- 9 Drive is one of the most familiar throttle response controllers on the market. Let’s learn everything about it. (According to the claimed information found on their official website)
- 9 Drive is $149.00.
- Apart from the above-mentioned price, there is some inconsistent and unclear information on the official website of 9 Drive. Let’s look at them.
- 9 Drive has nine acceleration modes: Normal, Econ, P1 Sports, P2 ultra-Sports, P3 race mode (manual & auto for Econ, P1, P2, P3).
- There is no specific introduction about these nine modes on the official website of 9 Drive. Instead, 9 Drive announces five modes as below:
- Normal mode helps you return your car to its original factory settings.
- Sport mode improves throttle response.
- Sport+ mode offers more advanced performance and acceleration with better throttle response.
- Race mode is designed for more aggressive performance and acceleration.
- Econ mode decreases the throttle response and promises fuel consumption.
- 9 Drive claims to have 40 adjustable programs on its official website, but it emphasizes that Sports mode and Econ mode support 10 (from 0-9) adjustable programs.
- 9 Drive indicates inconsistent and unclear information about its modes and settings (9 or 5 modes? Actually, it seems to have only 4 different modes because Sport+ mode and Race mode perform the same functions).
- 9 Drive has no practical mobile app.
- There is no sufficient information about how to use 9 Drive on the official website.
Pedal Commander vs. 9 Drive: What Does Pedal Commander Offer?
Unlike the information on the official website of 9 Drive, the information about Pedal Commander’s features you will read is consistent and clear from a to z and is exactly the same as on our official site.
Let’s discover how Pedal Commander is better than 9 Drive below:
- Pedal Commander is $299.99.
- Pedal Commander has four main modes. ECO, City, Sport, Sport (+).
- Each mode has nine different sensitivity levels (up to 36 settings in total) and can be changed by pressing the Star button.
- ECO mode decreases the throttle response sensitivity and improves fuel economy by up to 20%.
- City mode offers smooth and slow ride quality.
- Sport mode makes your vehicle even faster for spirited driving.
- Sport+ mode takes your vehicle to the ultimate level of mind-blowing acceleration and lets you show off on the racetrack.
- Pedal Commander offers a cutting-edge mobile app equipped with Bluetooth capabilities.
Pedal Commander vs. 9 Drive; One Pedal Commander Beat Them All!
If you read this far, you can easily notice that Pedal Commander has more advanced features than 9 Drive. As Pedal Commander, our priority is to provide you with clear and consistent information about our product on our official website.
However, 9 Drive’s official website is full of contradictory and insufficient information about its usage and functions. While it claims to have 9 acceleration modes on the homepage, it introduces only 5 modes in the category of product functions. Just like you, we don’t know which statement is correct.
Let’s look at 9 Drive’s so-called 9 driving modes: Normal, Econ, P1 Sports, P2 ultra-Sports, P3 race mode (manual & auto for Econ, P1, P2, P3). But it talks about the functions of 5 modes (Normal mode, Sport mode, Sport+ mode, Race mode, and Econ mode). When you read these five modes’ functions, you will realize that 9 Drive has only 4 different modes. The reason is that Sport+ mode and Race mode perform the same functions.
If we give a piece of useful advice to 9 Drive’s manufacturers, it would be that giving customers false information looks funny and misleading instead of being cool. As you can guess, this contradictory situation is completely for attracting the attention of customers. So, if 9 Drive’s manufacturers decide to present accurate information to their customers instead of pretending to have more functions, our fair criticisms will shed light on them.
Moreover, there is no sufficient information about how to use 9 Drive on their official website. 9 Drive has no practical mobile app, so we don’t know how to compare it with Pedal Commander in terms of usage. But we can say our product is simply peerless. You can easily operate Pedal Commander from your mobile phone with its cutting-edge application. In fact, if you look at the websites of these two brands, you will definitely access more detailed, clear, and reliable information about our product, from its usage to its features.
Thus, even though many manufacturers can put their economic interests first, we think that product success and customer satisfaction cannot be measured with profit or money. For this reason, Pedal Commander attaches great importance to high quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
On the other hand, you can buy 9 Drive for a cheaper price instead of Pedal Commander. But you know what they say: buy cheap, buy twice. Sincerely and more specifically, let’s talk about the main differences between Pedal Commander and 9 Drive below:
- Pedal Commander has many awards and certifications, including CARB certification, which makes it legal for use in California. Pedal Commander also has multiple SEMA Awards for Data Excellence and Packaging Design. Pedal Commander also has CE, ISO 9001, and TÜV Austria certifications!
- 9 Drive has the CARB certification, so technically, it is legal in California.
- Pedal Commander has a great two years of product warranty and a 30-days-no-questions-asked money-back guarantee!
- 9 Drive does not have a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. (Who is more confident?)
- Pedal Commander is made in Türkiye, but its headquarters are in Camarillo, California. This means you will have a much better after-sales and service experience!
- Pedal Commander also has one of the best customer services in the automotive aftermarket industry with a team of highly skilled experts. You can reach our customer service via live chat, phone, mail, website, and our application!
- Thanks to Pedal Commander’s Bluetooth capabilities and the great mobile app, you can also receive OTA upgrades, and better yet, we can push a custom throttle mapping if none of our 36 modes satisfy you.
- 9 Drive has no practical mobile app.
- The website of 9 Drive has no sufficient information about how to use 9 Drive.
- Pedal Commander has four different modes and 36 settings.
- 9 Drive includes inconsistent and unclear information about its modes and settings on its official website.
- While Pedal Commander offers clear information about from its usage to the functions of modes, 9 Drive hides its inadequate and impractical features.
- Pedal Commander is recommended by professional drifters Odi Bakchis and Matt Field, UFC legend Tony Ferguson, off-road racer Cadence Cowan, and influencers such as Destin Cantre, Blake Wilkey, Kill Bambi, Ari and Cars, and Ruckus Company.
- Pedal Commander also supports sports and motorsports events all around the globe, including sponsorships at UFC, NASCAR, and Formula Drift. Currently, Pedal Commander sponsors Formula Drift, Odi Bakchis, and Evan Bogovich. If you are a Formula Drift fan, you probably saw the Pedal Commander Nissan S14.9 win Prospec ST. Louis at the hands of Evan Bogovich.
As a result, this is the most objective comparison between these two throttle controllers. All you need to do is visit their official websites and see the significant differences between them in terms of capability, quality, and technology. Also, Pedal Commander has over 10.000 reviews with an average of 4.9 stars. So, if you want to Live Life Full throttle, the best choice is Pedal Commander!